The most anticipated annual list of young Ghanaians, 50 Most Influential Young Ghanaians, which is curated by leading PR & Rating firm, Avance Media, has been released.
Currently in its fifth year, the annual ranking by Avance Media has helped highlight the works of young Ghanaians across the world and has seen notable personalities such Anas Aremeyaw Anas (2015 & 2016), Kow Essuman (2017) and Prophet Daniel Amoateng (2018) voted as the Most Influential Young Ghanaians in the previous years.
Honourees cut across diverse sectors with these inspiring young change-makers and leaders making great strides as entrepreneurs, musicians, activists, media personalities, social entrepreneurs, public servants and politicians.
According to Prince Akpah, founder and MD of Avance Media, “the list serves as an encouragement to young Ghanaians who are accomplished in their industries and continue to build a distinguished brand for themselves and influence over others.
This list also urges those honoured to continue striving harder so their stories can inspire other young people to also contribute their quota to the development of Ghana and the continent of Africa.
Profiles of all finalists have been published on: http://www.avancemedia.org/2019MIYG
Public voting has been opened via gh.avancemedia.org for the public to decide who among the 50 honourees served as the most influential young person in 2019. The public voting ends on 27th January.
Avance Media is also spearheading related annual rankings for Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania and Kenya.
Below is the list of nominees arranged in their respective categories
1. Anthony Dzamefe [CEO, Caveman Watches]
2. Awura Abena Agyeman [CEO, WearGhana]
3. Marcia Ashong [CEO, The Boardroom Africa]
4. Rashida Saani Nasamu [CEO, I-ZAR Group]
5. Sangu Delle [CEO, Africa Health Holdings]
1. Becca [Musician]
2. Kofi Kinaata [Musician]
3. Kuami Eugene [Musician]
4. Kwesi Arthur [Musician]
5. Stonebwoy [Musician]
Law & Governance
1. Hon Francisca Oteng-Mensah [Member of Parliament, Kwabre East Constituency]
2. John Dumelo [Parliamentary Candidate, National Democratic Congress]
3. Kofi Tonto [Head of Information and Public Affairs, Embassy of Ghana in United
4. Hon Kojo Oppong Nkrumah [Minister, Ministry for Information]
5. Sammy Gyamfi [Communications Director, National Democratic Congress]
Leadership & Civil Society
1. Akosua Asaa Manu [Deputy CEO, National Youth Authority]
2. Cynthia Ofori-Dwumfuo [Group Head, Marketing and Corporate Affairs, Hollard Ghana]
3. Derek Nii Laryea [Head of Research and Communications, Ghana Chamber of
4. Ernesto Yeboah [Commander-in-Chief, Economic Fighters League]
5. Patrick Stephenson [Head of Research, IMANI Centre for Policy and Education]
1. Dancegod Lloyd [Dancer]
2. DJ Vyrusky [Disc Jockey]
3. GuiltyBeatz [Music Producer]
4. Kwadwo Sheldon [Social Media Influencer]
5. Kwaku Bediako [Fashion Designer]
1. Berla Mundi [On Air Personality, Media General]
2. Kevin Ekow Baidoo Taylor [Social Commentator, Loud Silence Media]
3. Manasseh Azure Awuni [Freelance Journalist]
4. Sally Akua Amoakowaa Mensah [On Air Personality, Angel TV]
5. Serwaa Amihere [On Air Personality, GhOne TV]
Personal Development & Academia
1. Ewura Adjoa Ahimah Nunoo (Dr) [Medical Doctor, Swan Clinic]
2. Kabu Nartey [Student, Ghana Institute of Journalism]
3. Kenneth Gyamerah [Education Advocate]
4. Nana Akua Ankomah-Asare [Managing Director, Primetime Ltd]
5. Rose Dodd [Lecturer, Ashesi University]
Science & Technology
1. Derick Omari [CEO, Tech Era Ghana]
2. Gregory Rockson [CEO, mPharma]
3. Ivy Barley [CEO, Developers in Vogue]
4. Richard Briandt [CEO, Codetrain]
5. Simon W. Alangde [CEO, Wineloya Digital]
Social Entreprise & Philanthropy
1. Foster Awintiti Akugri [President, Hacklab Foundation]
2. Hikmat Baba Dua [CEO, League of Young Female Leaders]
3. Mabel Suglo [CEO, Dignified Wear]
4. MacCarthy Mac-Gbathy [CEO, Hopin Academy]
5. Prince Agbata [CEO, Coliba]
1. Andre Ayew [Footballer, Swansea City]
2. Elizabeth Addo [Footballer, Jiangsu Suning]
3. Jordan Ayew [Footballer, Crystal Palace]
4. Mubarak Wakaso [Footballer, Deportivo Alavés]
5. Thomas Partey [Footballer, Atlético Madrid]
The ranking is spearheaded by Avance Media in partnership with Reset Global People, VIPI State, Jagari Designs, Surge Studios, WatsUp TV and Cliq Africa.
Source: Avance Media